SCHLAGE “KEY TO STRONG” CHALLENGE
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. PROMOTION DESCRIPTION/TIMING: The Schlage “Key To Strong” Challenge (“Challenge,” “Contest” or “Promotion”) begins at 12:00 A.M. Pacific Time (“PT”) on 6/23/12 and ends the earlier of 6/28/12 at 11:59 P.M. PT or Challenge objective being solved and the prizes being won subject to verification (“Promotion Period”).
(a) SPONSOR: Schlage Lock Company, LLC, 11819 N. Pennsylvania Street, Carmel, IN 46032 (“Sponsor”)
(b) ADMINISTRATOR: Young & Laramore, Exposure Marketing & Promotions, Inc. (collectively, “Administrator”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is offered only in King County, Washington and is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) U.S. States, who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older and own or otherwise have access to a mobile phone as of date of entry. (A mobile phone is required to participate in the final phase of the Challenge as set forth in Rule 6 below, but is otherwise not required for participation in the Challenge). Employees, directors and officers of Sponsor, Administrator, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, divisions and affiliates and companies involved in the implementation and execution of the Promotion (collectively the “Promotion Entities”) are not eligible.
3. PROMOTION REGISTRATION: Visit www.keytostrong.com and register for the Promotion by providing all required information, including your name, e-mail address, daytime phone number and mobile phone number. A person who completes the registration procedure is an “Entrant.” As part of the registration procedure, you must agree to receive e-mail updates from Sponsor/Administrator regarding the Challenge (including clues, as discussed below). IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO RECEIVE SUCH UPDATES, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO REGISTER FOR AND PARTICIPATE IN THE CHALLENGE. There is a limit of one (1) registration per person and each Entrant must participate in the Challenge completely on his/her own. Group, joint, and/or team participation is specifically prohibited. Violations of these rules and requirements will result in disqualification.
4. AGREEMENT TO THE OFFICIAL RULES: By participating in the Promotion, each Entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and the Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. This includes but is not limited to the determination of the prize winners in the Promotion.
5. PARTICIPATION IN THE CHALLENGE: The objective of the Challenge is to find the “Schlage Key” that has been hidden in an undisclosed location in King County, Washington which will be used to unlock the “Schlage House” thereby releasing the Sponsor Representative who will be locked inside. The Sponsor Representative will provide clues via notifications to Entrants, on www.KeyToStrong.com, the Schlage Facebook Page, tweets via the Schlage Twitter page and/or other social media channels. Entrants can use these clues to determine the location of the Schlage Key as well as the Schlage House itself.
Participation in the Challenge involves the use of social media channels. In all cases, you are cautioned to follow the rules and regulations of each social media channel. For example, if utilizing Facebook to participate in the Challenge, you must adhere to Facebook’s Statement of Rights and Responsibilities; if utilizing Twitter, you must adhere to the Twitter Rules and Best Practices at all times.
With regard to usage of your mobile phone to participate in the Challenge, STANDARD MESSAGE AND DATA RATES MAY APPLY. These charges may apply depending on your wireless service plan and YOU ARE ADVISED TO REVIEW YOUR WIRELESS SERVICE PLAN BEFORE USING YOUR MOBILE PHONE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CHALLENGE. In using your mobile phone to participate in the Challenge, you are agreeing to receive text message updates from Sponsor/Administrator regarding the Challenge (including clues) and/or promotional offers and information regarding Sponsor’s Schlage and other products, and YOU MAY BE CHARGED FOR EACH TEXT MESSAGE RECEIVED AS PER YOUR WIRELESS SERVICE PLAN. You can stop receiving such text messages at any time by texting STOP to the indicated number, but this will prevent you from participating in the Challenge via mobile phone. Additionally, not all devices (or wireless carriers) will allow for participation via mobile phone; and, wireless service may not be available in all areas.
6. FINAL PHASE OF CHALLENGE — DETERMINATION OF WINNERS/VERIFICATION OF WINNERS: After the final clue of the day is provided on Tuesday, 6/26/12, Entrants must go to www.keytostrong.com and provide all required information so as to verify their identity as well as giving the correct answer to the final clue for 6/26/12. If Entrant’s identity is verified and he/she gives the correct answer to the final clue for 6/26/12, Entrant will receive an e-mail from Sponsor/Administrator with an additional clue with the coordinates of a final location where the Schlage House may be found. Once at the final location, Entrants must find a riddle hidden somewhere at the final location and, once it has been found, correctly answer the riddle by sending an SMS text message to the Sponsor Representative (who is locked inside the Schlage House). The first Entrant who sends the correct answer to the riddle to the Sponsor Representative, as determined via date/time stamp, will win the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize winner will receive a reply SMS text message from the Sponsor Representative with the location of the Schlage key so that he/she can then unlock the Schlage House and release the Sponsor Representative. The next five (5) Entrants who correctly answered the riddle will each win a First Prize and the next five (5) Entrants who correctly answered the riddle will each win a Second Prize; First and Second Prize winners also being determined by date/time stamp of receipt of the correct answer to the riddle.
For clarification, Sponsor and Administrator will verify and determine, in their sole and absolute discretion, all prize winners and their respective order, including but not limited to breaking any ties.
ENTRANTS MUST HAVE ALL DOCUMENTS AND PROOF OF COMPLETION WITH THEM ON THE FINAL DAY OF THE CHALLENGE (WEDNESDAY, 6/27/12) IN ORDER TO PASS ANY SPOT-CHECK VERIFICATIONS BY ADMINISTRATOR DURING THE LAST DAY OF THE CHALLENGE. FAILURE TO HAVE VERIFICATION MATERIALS DURING THE LAST DAY OF THE CHALLENGE OR IF THE DOCUMENTS ARE DETERMINED BY ADMINISTRATOR TO BE INADEQUATE OR UNSATISFACTORY FOR ANY REASON WILL SUBJECT THE ENTRANT TO DISQUALIFICATION.
All potential winners will be contacted by Administrator via telephone and/or email and will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Liability and Publicity Release Agreement (collectively “Affidavit/Release”). If a potential Prize winning Entrant fails to timely execute and return the Affidavit/Release or if he/she is otherwise ineligible to receive the prize, the prize will be forfeited. If forfeited, the Grand Prize will be awarded to the first eligible Entrant who has correctly answered the riddle following the ineligible Grand Prize winner (the First Prize winner whose correct answer to the riddle had the earliest date/time stamp after that of the ineligible Grand Prize winner). All other prizes will be awarded in succession, to the extent feasible, with Second Prize winner(s) becoming First Prize winner(s) and/or Entrants who otherwise would not have won a prize but who submitted a correct answer to the riddle becoming Second Prize winner(s), as appropriate. IF FEWER THAN ELEVEN (11) PERSONS CORRECTLY ANSWER THE RIDDLE PRIOR TO THE END OF THE PROMOTION PERIOD, NOT ALL PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED.
Grand Prize (1) — $5,000.00 awarded as check.
First Prize (5) – Nexia™ Home Intelligence Starter Kit (with 6-month subscription), with Nexia™ bridge, Schlage® home keypad lock, Schlage® home dimmer module. Approximate Retail Value: $352 each.
Second Prize (5) – Schlage® keypad lock. Approximate Retail Value: $130 each.
TOTAL APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE OF ALL PRIZES: $7,463
Limit one (1) prize per family/address/household. Prizes may not be transferred or assigned. No substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute the prize with another prize of comparable or greater value if the intended prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. Winners will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes (not limited to federal, state, local and/or income) on prize which will be reported to applicable governmental authorities as required by law. Grand Prize winner will be required to provide his/her Social Security number or tax ID# for tax reporting purposes; and, Sponsor will file an IRS Form 1099 with the Internal Revenue Service for the value of the prize. For First and Second Prizes, winner is solely responsible for all unspecified expenses relative to prize acceptance and use (including, by way of example only, installation costs and computer/phone access).
8. CODE OF CONDUCT: AS A PRE-CONDITION TO PARTICIPATING IN THE CHALLENGE, YOU AGREE TO CONDUCT YOURSELF AT ALL TIMES IN A SOCIALLY RESPONSIBLE, COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL MANNER AND IN FULL COMPLIANCE WITH ALL APPLICABLE LAWS AND REGULATIONS. BREACHES OF THE CODE OF CONDUCT WILL NOT BE TOLERATED AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION AS WELL AS POSSIBLE LEGAL SANCTIONS. BY WAY OF EXAMPLE ONLY, DO NOT VERBALLY ABUSE, TAUNT OR ASSAULT OTHER ENTRANTS, SPONSOR REPRESENTATIVE IN SCHLAGE HOUSE, ADMINISTRATOR OR ANY OTHER PERSONS ASSOCIATED IN ANY WAY WITH THE CHALLENGE. ADDITIONALLY, ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY TAMPER WITH THE REGISTRATION PROCESS, THE FINAL PHASE OF THE CHALLENGE OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO COOPERATE IN THE PROSECUTION OF ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL(S) AND TO PURSUE ALL REMEDIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, AS WELL AS DISQUALILFYING SUCH INDIVIDUALS FROM THE PROMOTION.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Use of any automated system to register/participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Any registration, e-mail or SMS text message correspondence or other information or communication regarding the Challenge that is incomplete or corrupted is void. Sponsor and Administrator are not liable or responsible for late, invalid or misdirected Registrations, e-mail or SMS text message correspondence or any other information/communication, all of which will be disqualified. FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ENTRANTS’ SUBMISSION OR RECEIPT OF MATERIALS IN CONJUNCTION WITH THEIR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION. In the event of a dispute, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to register will be deemed to be the Entrant. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of being executed as planned, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, action of Entrants, technical failures or any other causes which in the opinion of Administrator and/or Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, Administrator and Sponsor reserve the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any suspect Registration, Entrant or e-mail or SMS text message correspondence and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion. In the event of any cancellation, termination or suspension, notice thereof will be posted at www.keytostrong.com (or, in the case of the final phase of the Challenge, by posting notice at the Schlage House) and the selection of winners will be made in a manner determined by Sponsor/Administrator, in their sole discretion, to be fair, appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules.
Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Promotion constitutes permission for Sponsor and its designees to use Entrant’s name, hometown, likeness, statements, other personally identifiable information for promotional, advertising and marketing purposes in any media throughout the world without prize, incentive, consideration, consent or review; and upon request, Entrant will provide written consent to such use.
10. RELEASE: By participating in the Promotion, entrants agree to release and to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, franchisees, advertising and promotion fulfillment and/or judging agencies, and all of their respective officers, employees, directors, representatives and agents (individually and collectively “Releasees”) from all liability, claims, action, or proceedings, losses, injuries and damages to person(s), including death and property, or violation of intellectual property or personal rights (such as but not limited to, copyright, patent, trade name/trademark, and/or rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) due in whole or in part to acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize; or participation in this Promotion, or participation in any Promotion related activity. By receipt of a prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Releasees from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use of any prize. This Promotion is not sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Facebook. By entering this Promotion, the participant is completely releasing Facebook of any responsibility or liability. By participating in the Promotion, you are providing your information to Schlage Lock Company, LLC, not to Facebook.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: THE RELEASEES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (A) ANY INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY ENTRANTS OR PRINTING ERRORS; (B) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE PROMOTION; (C) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO ELECTRONIC MALFUNCTIONING OF ANY NETWORK, HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE AND UNDELIVERABLE OR “LOST” E-MAIL CORRESPONDENCE OR SMS TEXT MESSAGES; (D) TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE PROMOTION OR THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES; (E) LOST, DELAYED, MISDIRECTED, OR UNDELIVERABLE MAIL, E-MAIL OR SMS TEXT MESSAGES; OR (F) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DEATH, WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, BY YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR RECEIPT OF ANY PRIZE. In no event will Releasees be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of your access to and use of the web site or downloading from and/or printing material downloaded from said web site. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS WEB SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OF EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
12. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, you agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Indiana; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering a Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) you waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of Indiana, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Indiana or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than State of Indiana.
14. OFFICIAL RULES & WINNERS’ LIST: You can obtain a list of winners and/or a copy of these Official Rules by e-mailing SchlageLocks@irco.com. Records may not be available beyond two (2) years following the end of the Promotion Period.
© 2012 Exposure Marketing & Promotions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.